This post was long overdue, A massive thank you to Jenn Vukojevic from A Map, Fork & Cork for nominating me. It is great to have some many supportive fellow bloggers.
What is Liebster Award?
The Liebster award is an award and an amazing opportunity that is given to bloggers who have less then 200 followers by bloggers. It an incredible way for ‘newbies’ to get recognized and to connect with the blogger community.
Rules for the award aka what to do
- Thank the person who nominated you, and put a link to their blog on your blog.
- Display the award on your blog
- Write a 150-300 word post about your favourite blog that is not your own.
- Provide 10 random facts about yourself.
- Nominate 5 – 11 blogs that you feel deserve the award, who have a less than 200 followers.
- List these rules in your post
- Inform the people/blogs that you nominated that they have been nominated for the Liebster award and provide a link for them to your post
You can read more about the award here.
My favorite blog
My favorite travel blog would have to be GrrrlTraveler by Christine Kaaloa. I love her blog because her posts are ‘real’ and straight to the point.
10 Random facts about me
- I have been to 35 countries & lived in 4.
- My favourite food is bread. White, brown, toasted.. I love all kinds of bread!
- With photography being my second biggest passion ( after traveling of course) , I have been collecting vintage cameras for couple of years now. The coolest thing is that most of them still work!
- I am terrible at directions and always get lost especially in a new place! Its often fun to be lost as I find ‘hidden gems’ while trying to find my way back.
- I am a pro at assembling IKEA furniture together!
- I am big Harry Potter fan. I am still waiting for the owl from Hogwards…
- Watching cartoons is my guilty pleasure
- I only learned how to cycle 2 years ago.. Yes, you heard me right! I didn’t know how to cycle until I moved to Melbourne!
- I can cook. But only 5 dishes… Bangers & Mash is my speciality.
- I LOVE red velvet cupcakes. One time I even ate a whole box of them by myself
10 Questions assigned to me
If you could only go on one more trip, where would you go?
I would come back to Japan. Even after spending a month this incredible country I still feel that I haven’t seen enough.
What is that one post made by you that you like the most, and why?
My ‘wearing make up while traveling‘ post because it is very personal.
What is your favourite movie about travel?
Grand Budapest Hotel by Wes Anderson.
Have you ever visited a place just because you saw it in a book or movie? What was that place?
I have visited beautiful Dominica because it has been a set of several Pirates of the Caribbean movies!
Would you rather go on a safari in Africa or an expedition in the Arctic?
Safari in Africa! I am always chasing sunshine since I don’t like cold weather.
If you can take someone with you in your travels, who would it be?
My boyfriend. We have been traveling together for 6 years, and have visited 20 countries together and lived in 3! I can not imagine discovering new places without him by my side.
What/Who inspires you to travel this world?
My parents. Since a very young age my parents introduced me to traveling, they showed me so many beautiful places and different cultures. They opened a new type of world to me and I can’t stop traveling ever since !
What is the best memory that you have while traveling?
I have so many! But if I have to pick one it would be my skydiving experience in Cairns! I am a little bit scared of heights so this was a huge deal to me. I remember being very nervous at first but as I was flying down ( with an instructor attached to me of course) I kept thinking I finally did it!
Name the top 3 most beautiful beaches you have visited
That’s a tricky question as I am not sure of the exact names but the places with the most beautiful beaches I have visited are: Cancun in Mexico. Great Ocean Road & Whitsundays in Australia
How did traveling change your life?
It made me more open minded and more appreciative of the things that I have. Traveling has forced me out of my conform zone and taught me to overcome my fears and to trust myself a bit more.
My Liebster Award nominees
Questions for my nominees
- What is your 3 must – have items when traveling ?
- Why did you decided to start a blog?
- What are your 3 favorite cities ?
- What you wish you knew before you started traveling?
- Have you ever missed a flight/ bus / boat?
- Have you ever been disappointed with a destination you have visited ?
- What is 1 thing / place on your bucket list that you still haven’t done /visited ?
- What is your favorite cuisine ?
- Would you rather stay in luxury resorts or in homestay places hosted by the locals?
- Beach, mountains or city ?
And that’s it ! Hope you will enjoy this post. Thanks again to Jenn Vukojevic from A Map, Fork & Cork for nominating me 🙂